Catfish Groves, the 3rd Year

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Who do I look like?

When I was born, everybody said I looked like my daddy. Mommy said she put an awful lot of work into getting me here for us not to look like we were related! Finally she decided at least my eyelashes were from her (my great-grandma Ruth would have said, "Those eyelashes are wasted on a boy!") Anyway, so you can see for yourself, here's a picture of my daddy 4 hours old and me a few minutes old:

We both were born with dark hair that looked kind of reddish in photos, exact same hands (passed down from my daddy's daddy, and his daddy), same nose, even same worried expression!

Well, now I'm four months old, and as you have no doubt noticed from other posts, I've, er, plumped up a bit. OK, OK, at my 4-month checkup I weighed 20 pounds, which is -- literally -- off the scale. Not even on the growth chart. Yep. Well now is apparently when my mom's side of the family makes a genetic appearance. As my aunt Cindy says, I come by it honestly. Here's what I mean:

Cousin Sam - 5 months Aunt Cindy - 11 or 12 months Me and Grandma - 3 months & change

(2 by-the-ways: First, my shirt in the above photo says "Will work for ice cream" (thank you Ben, Kendra, and Marley!) and second, I am much fatter now than in this picture (those shorts don't fit anymore, for one thing).

Mommy is never satisfied - first she was disappointed that I didn't look like her. Now she's mad 'cause since I've gotten hugely fat, everyone's started telling her I do look like her! (They don't mean you look fat, Mommy, just that . . . yeah, well, hmmm, actually, I'm not going to touch that one.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home