Catfish Groves, the 3rd Year

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Recent Milestones

Here are some of my recent accomplishments:

  • Just today I took my anti-reflux med straight. (The pill is supposed to dissolve in the mouth but up 'til now, someone had to dissolve it in a little milk and give it to me in a medicine dropper.) It only fell out of my mouth one time and Mommy popped it back in; I didn't choke on it or anything!
  • Also today I grabbed my feet for the first time. Mommy's been showing them to me for ages but they just seemed so far away. (Well, and I'm so fat that I have a little trouble reaching them; it makes me grunt to bend over that far!) But the sleeper I had on today had was a little big, so I could get hold of the tips of the footies.
  • I'm getting ticklish -- first I would only laugh if someone chewed on my feet (had to use their teeth for it to work); that was just before Labor Day weekend. Then I also grinned and sometimes laughed when Mommy did this thing she calls "zerberting" on my cheeks and she also found a ticklish spot where my thighs connect to my body. Now I seem to be getting ticklish all over, but I especially love it when someone makes the yummy sound and gets my tummy! I have a funny laugh, kind of grunty and breathy, not that high-pitched squealy noise some babies make.
  • I can anticipate--when Mommy takes a deep breath and makes the yummy sound over me, I just know she's going to tickle me and I start laughing before she does anything. Grandma Mago also taught me to anticipate. She sings me "1, 2, buckle my shoe" and before she sings the end she pauses. So I start waiting for the "9, 10, big fat hen."
  • I have a pretty consistent bedtime of 9 pm. Of course, I only sleep 'til 2, but hey, by then I'm pretty darn hungry!

I'm sure I'll have more new tricks to report soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home