Catfish Groves, the 3rd Year

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

I hab a code

. . . by bery first code! There is do air com-bing in through my nose but lots of stuff com-bing out of it! I hab to sleep now so I'll let Bobby tell you about it . . .

Mommy here: we feel fortunate to have made it almost to 5 months and almost to November before Otis Chester got sick. Yesterday I noticed that his eyes were red-rimmed and he was sleeping more than usual but the real cold symptoms came on all at once around bedtime.

He is in good spirits, still wanting to play and laugh, but he really has trouble breathing (babies can't breathe through their mouths well yet and can't clear their own noses either -- major evolutionary oversight!) and therefore has trouble sleeping. Meanwhile, since he keeps rubbing his face with his hands and putting everything he can grab into his mouth, I'm starting to envision our house as a scene from Ghostbusters post-sliming.

2 Comments:

At 7:41 PM, Blogger Judy said...

Oh my! He and Matthew must have been playing together over the weekend. Matthew had his first sinus infection in over a year and we had to visit the doctor on Monday.

He's feeling much better today. I hope OC is too!

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger Joy M. Salyers said...

I still have a slimy head that Mommy and Daddy have to lubricate and suction daily (which I HATE!!) But no fever and no ear pain. If only I could breathe well enough to sleep!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home